A lot has changed in the last few years, as far as SEO is concerned. However, there is this one thing that still remains unchanged – backlinks.
Backlinks have been and still continues to be one of the leading contributors to your site’s search engine rankings. Websites with high-quality backlinks are recognized as useful and domain experts by Google. As a result, it ranks it well so that more users can access valuable information.
SEO & Backlinks
As a small business, if you really want to bump up your SEO initiatives, then link-building exercise is a must. It not only involves creating high-quality backlinks but also monitoring them to ensure that your site is not being penalized due to poor quality backlinks.
With the right SEO strategy, such as backlinks, guest blogging services etc. you can drive organic traffic to your website and improve your page rankings on search engines. However, in these changing times, you cannot simply backlink your website left, right, center, and this where a backlink checker comes in handy!
Why Do You Need a Backlink Checker?
Did you know that backlink checker is fundamental to your SEO strategy? With this tool, you can monitor your website’s incoming links and ensure that you are only linked to reputable websites. If you are wondering why you need a backlink checker at all, here are some reasons that will help you understand its importance:
- Get a one-page overview of your website’s incoming links from multiple sources
- Check what type of link it is – a text link or an image link
- Verify your page’s ranking and DA/PA as per domain and backlink URL
- Use filters to check for new and/or deleted links
Needless to say, backlinks and backlink checker tools are incredibly important for your website’s SEO. That being said, let us discuss some free tools available these days that can help you get started with backlink checking and building strategies.
- AHrefs: This is not exactly a free tool but you can register your account for free to get a backlink analysis for your website. With this tool, you will be able to see all the backlinks to your website and how they are increasing/decreasing over a period of time. With the latest Penguin update rolled out by Google, this tool can really help you overcome the impact of negative SEO caused due to poor-quality anchor texts that lead to your site.
- OpenLinkProfiler: This one has been recently added to the list of free backlink checkers. OpenLinkProfiler is a free tool that helps you check latest backlinks that are pointing towards your website. This tool is your best option if you are looking to get detailed information about all backlinks to your website without investing anything.
- BuzzSumo: This is one of the most popular tools used by the content marketers to check for backlinks. You can either use the limited free version or pay for the pro version to get a detailed analysis.
Free backlink checker tools are incredibly helpful in checking the incoming links for your website and a great way to get started on your SEO services strategy.